We are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all members, event attendees, sponsors, volunteers, speakers, organizers, venue staff, exhibitors, vendors and other guests (collectively, “Participants”) of BostonSQL events.
Participants should be able to attend events free from discrimination for any reason including on the basis of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, age and religion. This Code of Conduct outlines our expectations for Participant behavior as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior. We invite all Participants to help us realize a safe and positive experience for everyone.
- be considerate, respectful, and collaborative
- respect confidentiality requests
- support each other
- refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior or speech
- be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow Participants – your fellow Participants may have a different level of comfort with respect to language and personal space
- avoid aggressively pushing your own services, products or causes
- alert BostonSQL organizers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress
- not engage in any unacceptable behavior
Unacceptable behavior includes
- invasion of privacy
- abuse of power (including abuses related to position, wealth, race or gender)
- intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning conduct
- offensive verbal comments including as related to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, age, or religion
- inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces
- deliberate intimidation, stalking or following
- harassing photography or recording
- sustained disruption of talks or other events
- inappropriate physical contact
- unwelcome sexual attention
If you witness or are subject to unacceptable behavior
If you are subject to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subject to unacceptable behavior, or have concerns that this Code of Conduct is not being followed, notify us at [email protected] as soon as possible.
All reports will remain completely confidential. BostonSQL will determine and carry out the appropriate course of action, and will be available to help Participants experiencing unacceptable behavior feel safe for the duration of the event.
BostonSQL reserves the right to bar any person who violates our Code of Conduct from attending BostonSQL event in entirety or in part, and/or to cancel tickets of any person without refund.